Sale!

|||| $110 | 2020 Domaine Testut Chablis Grand Cru Grenouille

Description

Cyril Testut is quiet, considerate and deeply passionate about his 13 hectare Domaine. He is the proprietor of one of the real jewels of the Chablis region that sites in the top echelons of the Chablis hierarchy. His Chablis vineyards are perfectly situated – squeezed between the Grand Cru Blanchot and the 1er Cru of Montée de Tonnerre. The vineyard sites are located atop the famous Kimmeridgian soil that yields precise Chardonnays loaded with legendary minerality and acidity. It’s arguably the finest Chablis AC vineyard in the region. The small parcel of the famous Grand Cru Grenouilles returned to the Testut family only a few years ago. Back in 1970’s the vineyards were leased, due to internal family squabbles, and were held by William Fèvre for 30 years. It is now back in the hands of one of Chablis’ finest Domaines.
The fruit for this Grand Cru comes from a .32 hectare plot that faces south, the vines are 50 years old and are uncloned. 90% of this wine is fermented in steel tank with the remaining 10% in 600 liter oak barrels, all of 3 years old to minimize the oak flavors but to maximize the oxidative aspect.

 

“Wow! – a powerful and ripely appealing bouquet, rich and deeply satisfying. Restraint is apparent in the mouth, however, with subtle oak coating the ripe fruit and layered complex minerality and steely acidity, the wine offers layers of apple skin, saline, chalky minerality, lime and white peach, elegantly bound in the tight structure. The wine almost grows and spreads across the palate, showing immense structure and tension. Wunderbar!”
-House of Townend

 

Foxcroft Online Price: $110 per bottle
This wine is arriving soon; we’ll email you when your order is ready for pickup.

$110.00

In stock

All orders will require I.D. upon pickup